1 – It Teaches You The Value Of Persistence
• Jiu Jitsu involves many intricate techniques that require dedication and practice to master.
• This means that until you reach the level that you are striving for in a particular area, there are going to be times when you will not it get quite right, which will naturally result in frustration.
• As with anything in life that is difficult to master, being persistent and fully applying yourself will make your own personal achievements all the more rewarding and enjoyable.
2 – It Will Improve Your Fitness
• Jiu Jitsu is an excellent cardio vascular workout that pretty much uses your entire body.
• With emphasis on working your core muscle group, Jiu Jitsu can help with improving your balance and overall strength too.
• Jiu Jitsu is enjoyable to practice but there is no denying that as a beginner it is a tough sport to get to grips with. Whilst you may not progress at times as quickly as you wish, why make things harder for yourself by not mastering the things you can control and could help your progress like your diet and lifestyle?
• As with any sport that involves vigorous physical exercise, the promotion of a healthy eating regime and lifestyle goes hand in hand with Jiu Jitsu. As you train more and become more dedicated, you will find yourself looking for ways to take your training and technique to the next level, having a healthy diet and lifestyle will certainly help to achieve this.
3 – Personal Achievement
• Ask any practitioner about the sense of achievement they felt when they successfully attained their last belt rank and this aspect of Jiu Jitsu will speak for itself!
• As you climb higher through the ranks, you will gain a massive sense of achievement and appreciation of the time and effort required to progress to the next level.
• If you turn out to be one of the millions who become hooked on Jiu Jitsu, achievement through hard work, discipline, patience, time and effort will be principles that you will learn to have a greater respect for on and off the mat!
4 – Jiu Jitsu Is For Everyone
• With a strong emphasis on technique, Jiu Jitsu is for people of all shapes and sizes and unlike with some other sports, it’s not only those with brute strength that will come out on top.
• As far as contact sports go, you can’t get much closer contact than Jiu Jitsu! You have no choice but interact with others around you, so from a social aspect it is great way to get know people and widen your circle friends.
• As you have probably figured out from the rest of this article, this martial art takes dedication and lots practice to learn, so if you do get serious about wanting to improve, you are likely to encounter the same like minded practitioners at your club on regular occasions. This is where support from your fellow club mates will come in to play as you want to see each other do well, not to mention sharing tips and techniques that you have picked up on the way.
5 – It’s Enjoyable!
• It may have a higher learning curve than some other martial arts, but there is no denying that Jiu Jitsu is enjoyable.
• As one of the most popular and increasingly practiced martial arts around the world today, there are millions of people who would vouch for this!